Worldwide, 1.2 Million people die each year in car accidents. There were 33,963 last year in the US. That’s 1/4 of all accidental deaths per year. Their was a total of 121,599 accidental deaths in the US. Worldwide, that’s 3,287 deaths every day, in the US that’s 94 deaths per day (1 every 15 minutes). Here are some more car accident facts:
1) Drunk driving accounts for about 1/2 of those fatalities.
2) 3/4 of deaths are males.
3) Fatalities are expected to increase by 65% in the next 20 years.
4) Nearly 25% of all traffic accidents involve someone talking on a cell phone.
5) Talking on a cell phone while driving can make your reaction time as slow as a 70 year-old.
6) It’s estimated the average driver will swear 32,025 times during their lifetime while driving.
7) In the US, car crashes are the #1 cause of death for teenagers.
8 ) Pedestrians have a 90% chance of surviving an accident at 30/KPH or less. Only a 50% chance at high speeds.
9) White cars are responsible for 25.6% of car crashes. Blue cars 16.1% and Red cars 15%.
10) The most dangerous cars according to the infographic are the Chevy Trailblazer, Kia Rio and the Ford Ranger.
Read more articles on our Lebanon Ford blog.