In this episode learn:
How to get the most money for your vehicle trade, what dealers look for most when appraising your trade, and how close Kelly Blue Book is to an actual trade in appraisal. Special Guest: Bill Nickell, Co-Director of Used Operations – Lebanon Ford
Show Length: 26:41
Presented by: Lebanon Ford
Lebanon Ford is a new and used car dealership located in Lebanon, Ohio, serving the greater Cincinnati and Dayton area. Lebanon Ford; Connect, Engage, Drive.
Special Guest: Bill Nickell, Co-Director of Used Operations – Lebanon Ford
00:30 Discussion Topic: What dealerships look for most when appraising your trade in.
- 01:34 JC: What are some of the most important details you look at when appraising a trade?
- 02:30 ZB: How close is Kelley Blue Book?
- 03:33 JC: What is the used car market like right now?
- 05:03 JC: What are steps people can take early on to get more out of their trade?
- 05:36 ZB: Will cleaning your vehicle before appraisal earn you an extra $200-$300?
- 06:25 JC: What is the best and worst trade in you’ve ever had to appraise?
- 07:23 JC: Can you trade in something other than a car to put towards a purchase?
- 08:00 ZB: Have you ever turned down a trade?
- 08:28 JC: What is benefit of buying from a dealer over something like eBay or Craigslist?
- 09:27 JC : How would you appraise the Mercury Cougar turned Bugatti Veyron?
11:30 Answers of the week from last week’s question: “Is price or professionalism more important when car buying?
14:11 Off the Lot News and Notes
14:15 Zach: White House Lowers 2025 CAFE Target to 54.5 MPG
Video: Jay Leno talks about the Chevy Volt
22:10 What is so cool about driving in a convertible anyway?
24:17 Jeff and his Dad’s Sebring convertible
25:20 Question of the Week: Are convertibles “cool” or “lame”?
Suggest a topic for a future episode here
Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed on Across the Lot are those of the authors and guests and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of Lebanon Ford.