If you’re trying to connect your phone to Microsoft SYNC using the traditional method but are encountering the scenarios below, have no fear. If you aren’t experiencing the scenarios, but still need help in connecting your phone than try our SYNC pairing articles for Android, iPhone and Blackberry to view our easy step by step instructions.
Scenarios You Might Be Encountering
- You’ve brought up the six digit pin on your vehicles screen. When you’re trying to pair your phone to SYNC it wont display the entry field required to enter the six digit pin.
- Your phone pairs great, for a couple seconds, then disconnects. Your phone might even reboot itself soon after it connects to SYNC.
- If you have a older version of Android you’ll require a 4 digit special pin. While we have an article on how to display a special pin, you can also perform the reverse pairing process we’re going to walk through here as an alternative.
Ok, so we’ve established that you’re having trouble connecting your phone to Ford’s Microsoft SYNC, whether it’s through one of the examples above or not. So lets now walk through how you to fix this little issue that is driving you to the edges of insanity. No matter what infotainment system you have, when your completing the steps you must have “Discovery Mode” on your phone turned “ON”. It is usually found under options in your bluetooth menu. If you have an iPhone it will put itself in discovery mode automatically when your in your Bluetooth Menu.
SYNC & MyFord
- When you come across the text “Find SYNC” while trying to pair your phone use the Tune knob to find and select “Find Bluetooth Devices”.
- When your vehicle finds and displays your phone go ahead and select it by pressing “Ok”.
- It will then have you create a pin number to enter in your phone. You can create this with your voice or you can just type it in with the numbers you use for your presets. If you use the numbers, after you type in your desired code just press “Ok” to confirm the entry.
- Once the code is entered in your phone will bring up an entry field for you to input the pass code you just created.
After the code is entered your phone will connect to SYNC and you’ll have access to all the features you’d normally have.
MyFord Touch & SYNC w/ Navigation
- When the 6-digit pin shows up on your screen click the button that reads “Find Other”
- Select your device when it pops up on the screen.
- Create a pin with your voice or use the preset numbers to enter a pin. If you are using the preset buttons to create the pin press the “Ok” button to confirm the entry.
- Once you confirm the desired pin your desired pin your phone will bring up an entry field for you to enter it in.
Once the code is entered your phone will now be connected to SYNC and you will have all of the features as you normally would.
If you have any questions or need additional help with reverse pairing give us a call at 855-567-0440 or write us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Let us know what you think of our articles and service by reviewing us on our DealerRater.com page.