It’s that time of year again! That time where you get to sport a gown, sit in the midst of a smoldering hot sun and listen to way too many speakers talk about how bright your future is. Yes I’m talking about graduation baby! And with only a couple weeks left before the end of the school year, I’m sure many of you are (and probably have been for awhile) suffering from a major case of senioritis. Knowing that some of the best years of your life are coming to a close can be difficult and If you haven’t already, you will have to hit the job market soon after. So with your college degree in hand and the benefits of a steady job, why not take the time to consider the top 5 most practical cars for college grads? Who knows, with a steady paycheck on the way you might want to trade in your college beater for one of these new cars.
1) 2012 Ford Fusion– With a starting price tag of only $20,705 and best in class fuel economy at 23 city and 34 highway, the Fusion is the best of both worlds. With the capacity to seat 5 and the perfect mix of sport and professionalism, the Ford Fusion is definitely the perfect choice for any college grad. And if you are willing to wait till the 2013 Ford Fusion model comes out later this fall, the features and fuel economy only get more attractive. At 26 city and 37 mpg highway the 1.6 liter EcoBoost turbo 2013 model is destined to be at the top of its class. It also comes available with; SYNC with MyFord Touch, SmartGauge with EcoGuide cluster, BLIS with cross traffic alert, rear view camera, lane keeping system, adaptive cruise control and collision warning and active park assist. So if the newly redesigned Fusion’s fresh and sporty look gets you all giddy inside then perhaps the extra 5 months of waiting won’t be so bad.
2) 2013 Ford Mustang– The Ford Mustang has been a symbol of American pride and power for decades. The new 2013 Ford Mustang is no different. With a starting price tag of $22,000, the Mustang is a very affordable car. And for the very first time ever boasts a 305 horsepower V6 engine that gets an astounding 31 mpg. And that’s just the standard model. Bump up to the Mustang GT for 420 horsepower from a 5.0L V8 that still gets 26 mpg. So if you’re looking for a sports car with a track record unlike any other, and whose price is fit for a college grad, the Mustang is definitely your car.
3) 2013 Ford Escape– The newly redesigned 2013 Ford Escape set to hit your local Cincinnati Ford dealer in May 2012 is sure to set the bar even higher for what’s expected from a small SUV. The Escape has been a leader in its class since the debut of the model in 2000. The 2013 model continues that legacy by integrating some of the features you’d expect from Ford like the available SYNC technology, but adding on the capability of the MyFord Touch system. You can also expect additional features like available push button start, class exclusive hands-free liftgate and active park assist, BLIS with cross traffic alert, as well as an advanced safety protection system. With those head turning looks and the technology to satisfy even the most tech savvy person, the Ford Escape is truly the perfect car for any post grad SUV driver.
4) 2012 Ford Focus– Fitting perfectly between the Ford Fiesta and Ford Fusion is the 2012 Ford Focus. The Focus can be equipped with all the technology and features you’d get from the higher end sedans, but at a lower end price. The Focus starts out around $16,500 and is available in both sedan and hatchback models. You can also expect to find a wide array of available features with the Focus as well, including; SYNC with MyFord Touch, parking technology package, intelligent access with push button start, voice activated navigation with SIRIUS Travel Link, rain sensing wipers, and up to 40 mpg with the SFE package. So if you are the type of person that needs a little more room than the Fiesta offers, but not quite the size of the Fusion, then the Focus is the car for you.
5) 2012 Ford Fiesta- If fuel economy, compact size and fun are what you want then look no further than the Ford Fiesta. This little and nimble car is undoubtedly a party on wheels. Starting at just over $13,000 this little car is perfect for anyone trying to save big on a new car but not willing to sacrifice the fun and excitement that many lower priced cars lack. The Fiesta’s 1.6 liter Ti-VCT Duratec I-4 engine with twin independent variable cam timing makes driving a Fiesta an exhilarating experience. It is also comes available with intelligent access with push button start, SiriusXM radio, ambient and exterior lighting, heated leather trimmed front seats, power moonroof, capless fuel filler, Sync App Link and oh yea… 29 city and 39 highway fuel economy. The Fiesta is absolutely perfect for the money conscious college grad who wants a stylish and fuel efficient car, or anyone who just wants to keep the party going after graduation!
If you’d like to learn more or discuss any of the new Ford vehicle models, contact our team toll-free at (855) 367-9095.