Vehicles now a days are becoming more and more like computers. Just like computers, sometimes they need a little reboot to get them back on track. That’s the case when it comes to a Master Reset on Ford’s MyFord Touch infotainment system. While experiencing an issue where you need to perform a Master Reset is few and far between, knowing how to reset your MyFord Touch system will help you to get up and running again in no time. Here are some situations where you may need to perform a Master Reset of your MyFord Touch system, as well as an easy to follow step by step guide on how reset your MyFord Touch system.
When A Master Reset May Come In Handy
- The system isn’t operating like normal.
- Your phone isn’t connecting properly, even after attempting a reverse pair.
- The USB port isn’t finding your media player.
Performing A Master Reset
- Access your Settings Menu by clicking the cogs located next to the Home Button
- Select Settings from the list on the right side of the screen
- Select System at the top of the list
- Scroll down until you see Master Reset, then press it.
Performing a Master Reset will restore your system to the factory default settings and will erase any bluetooth devices you have paired to your MyFord Touch system. Once the system has been reset, you will need to pair all bluetooth devices again. The Master Reset will not adjust your radio presets, it will only adjust your settings and revert them back to default.
NOTE: This isn’t the magical fix, if your vehicle isn’t the root of the problem, then rebooting will not solve anything. Consult our 10 Easy DIY Microsoft SYNC Setups and Fixes before performing a Master Reset to be sure you’ve tried all other possible solutions. We sure would hate for you to have to reset your settings and devices for nothing.
If you have any questions give us a call at 855-567-0440 or write us an email at email@example.com.