If your phone isn’t connecting to SYNC, and you’ve already tried rebooting your phone here’s your next step. It’s called a “Master Reset”, which essentially is a complete reboot of your Microsoft SYNC system. There are however, only a couple of reasons why you would need to perform a Master Reset: Your phone might not hold the connection or won’t connect at all even though you’ve already reset your phone; Your USB port won’t recognize a device, or the system just isn’t operating properly. The steps below will guide you through how to perform a Master Reset on your vehicle.
- Access your “Settings Menu” by clicking the cogs located next to the “Home Button”.
- Select “Settings” from the list on the right side of the screen.
- Select “System” at the top of the list.
- Scroll down until you see “Master Reset”, then press it.
SYNC with Navigation
- Click the “Phone” button.
- Select “Settings” on the screen.
- Select “Advanced” on the right side of the screen.
- Scroll to the bottom and select “Master Reset”.
SYNC and MyFord
- Click the “Phone” button to bring up the “Phone Menu”.
- Scroll through the menu till you see “System Settings” and press “OK”.
- Find “Advanced” and press “OK”.
- Locate “Master Reset” and press “OK”.
The video shows will show you a different way to access Master Reset so you can choose which is easiest for you.
If you’re having trouble performing a Master Reset or have any other questions give us a call at 855-567-0440 or write us and email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Help us continue to provide great articles and amazing service by reviewing us on our DealerRater.com page.