Job Description: Service Porter (SP) represents an excellent opportunity whether you want to establish a long and rewarding career in automotive service repair/maintenance, or showcase your talents in order to move into other areas of our company. At Lebanon Ford we regard the Service Porter role as one of the most vital in our organization, and we’ll ensure you receive extensive ongoing training and provide you with solid feedback and support to help you achieve your goals. You’ll join a tight-knit team serving loyal, diverse customer base.
Under limited direction of the Service Manager, the Service Porter is responsible for ensuring service drive procedures are constantly executed at a high level and that a customer driven experience is being delivered to every guest who walks through our door.
Key Roles & Responsibilities:
- Proactively greeting guests. Ensure a personalized, customer driven experience is delivered to every guest who walks through our door.
- Service Drive procedures. You’ll be expected to understand and ensure Service Drive procedures are constantly executed at a high level of competency.
- Prepare vehicles to be serviced. Check battery status, fluids, put down mats and plastic to protect interiors, make key tags and drive vehicles from the service lanes to the designated area(s).
- Assist Service Advisors. This includes but is not limited to: Answering phones, cashiering/checking out.
- Move vehicles not currently being serviced and keep an orderly area so that vehicles can be easily found and moved.
- Retrieving newly-serviced vehicles for customers.
- Lebanon Ford standards. Ensure authorized uniform attire is worn and appropriately maintained. Maintain positive personal hygiene habits before and during work shifts.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Additional compensation opportunities.
- Advancement opportunities.
- Departmental cross-training opportunities.
- Continual professional development & training.
- 401K Plans available.
- Employee Health Care paid (Full-time employees only).
- No Sunday work hours.
- Must have personable & engaging personality.
- Must have at least High School Diploma or general education degree experience.
- Possess good communication skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment.
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time, working both indoors and outdoors.
- Embrace, advocate and model company goals & beliefs.
- All applicants must be authorized to work in the Unites States and possess a valid & clean drivers license.
- All applicants must be able to demonstrate ability to pass pre-employment testing to include background checks and drug test.
Career Paths Opportunities:
- Service Porter > Lube Technician > Service Advisor
- Service Porter > Lube Technician > Ford Technician
- Service Porter > Delivery Specialist > Sales & Leasing Consultant
Salary Range: $18,000-$26,000/yr
Experience: Entry Level
Function: Logistics; Retail Support; Customer Service
Department & Supervisor: Service Department; Reports directly to Service Manager. Department overseen by Service Manager.
For additional information regarding this job posting contact Jason Hipp, Service Manager by phone (513) 932-1010 or email email@example.com.